If you haven’t yet invested in a mini donut tin, now’s your chance. This chocolate protein donut recipe is totally worth it—rich, chocolatey goodness, vitamin-packed pumpkin puree, and a gooey peanut butter glaze to top it all off. And did we mention it’s a gluten-free recipe with zero added sugar and plenty of protein to help you meet your macro goals? Now that’s a guilt-free treat!
Signature Chocolate Casein Protein
cocoa powder, unsweetened
Peanut Butter Glaze (Optional) Ingredients
natural creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Thoroughly whisk together eggs, egg whites, coconut oil, and pumpkin puree.
- In a separate bowl, sift together protein powder, cocoa powder, baking powder, and xanthan gum.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk thoroughly (you can use a mixer if you would like). The mixture should be quite thick.
- Spray your mini donut pan with nonstick spray. Scoop all of the mixture into a gallon resealable bag and cut a medium sized hole in the corner of your bag. Squeeze the mix into the donut pan.
- Bake for about 12 minutes and remove from pan immediately to cool. For peanut butter glaze (optional), heat peanut butter and oil in microwave for 30-40 seconds and whisk together before drizzling on top of cooled donuts.
- Special Equipment: 1 mini donut tin
This recipe was sent to us from Haven Schulz at healthhavenstudio.com.